Resources for Families
Resources are in alphabetical order by topic.
- Admissions: Apply to be a scholar at Equality!
- Chromebook/Technology Support: Create a tech ticket by:
- Directions: Directions to Equality Middle and High School.
- Email for Scholars: Watch this video to set up your ECS email account.
- Go Guardian: A program that is installed on ECS-owned scholar chromebooks: General Information
- Google Classroom: Scholar Training Slides
- Information Sessions:
New Family Information: From August 2021 presentation / video Passcode: 2K#5.ek$
- Lottery: Lottery announcements are posted in our google calendar below.
- Remind App:
- Using your cell phone texting app, text the Remind main phone number 81010
- Join your scholar’s school specific code by typing the school code in the message:
- Middle School: @4140hutch
- High School: @2141seward
- Video: What is Remind?
- Video: Getting Started – for Parents
- Video: How to Join a Class – for Existing Users
- Safety Plan 2020-21: MS Shared Space- a copy is available for request, reach out to the main office.
- Scholar & Parent Handbook 2020-21 – MS Version:
- School Uniforms: Flynn O’Hara Uniforms
- Scholars: Watch this video to set up your ECS Teacherease account (starts at minute 4:30) .
- Parents: Log in to check on your child’s attendance and academic progress.
- If you do not have log in information email email@example.com
- Technology Compliance
Middle School Calendar
If you have any questions about events, please contact us.
After School Program (MMCC)
The Mosholu Montefiore Community Center Afterschool program has serviced Equality Charter for three years. The mission of MMCC is to improve lives of Bronx and Manhattan residents by building gateways to success through quality service and programs. The programs offered through MMCC are vegan cooking, karate, zumba, robotics, tutoring, homework help, ELA intervention, Math Intervention, 3-D Printing, photography, violin an drum instruction, Spanish, dance, chorus, art, computer coding, fashion design, double dutch, community service, clubs, and much more! If you would like more information visit www.mmcc.org
UPDATE: August 13, 2020: To meet NYSED requirements:
- Equity of Technology: We address this topic in our Stakeholder Guide (links below) under “Technology & Connectivity.” In short, 100% of ECS scholars will be provided an ECS chromebook. In addition, any scholars that have connectivity challenges will be provided with a HotSpot.
- COVID-19 Testing for Scholars and Staff/Teachers: Equality will follow applicable requirements set forth by the NYS Department of Health and local departments of health, and CDC regarding any required testing if a student or staff member exhibits symptoms of COVID-19. Staff members may be required to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 test prior to the first day of in-school instruction, as permitted by applicable law.
- Contact Tracing: Equality will work with the NYS Department of Health and local department of health centers to alert them when a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19. Equality will follow protocols as set forth at NYS Contact Tracing. Equality commits to maintaining accurate student and staff records (including updated contact information) to assist with any necessary contact tracing.
- Parent Discussion Sessions
- Dates/Times listed at top of the web page
- Staff Discussion Sessions:
- Thursday 7/30 @ 10am
- Tuesday 8/18 @ 9am
- All sessions are recorded and provided to all staff members.
- Stakeholder Feedback Sessions (a mix of staff, parents, and a scholar representative):
- Monday 7/27 @ 9am
- Wednesday 7/29 @ 2pm
- Tuesday 8/11 @ 9am
- Thursday 8/13 @ 2pm