To serve any scholar, including those who are under-performing or are from families in need of more resources. Program features of our middle and high schools include:
Responsive & Positive Interventions & Supports
- Offers a positive school environment
- Values academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs
- Uses proactive strategies for teaching appropriate behaviors
- Uses project-based learning to engage scholars
- Employs data-based decision making
- Focuses on career exploration and preparation for life after Equality
- Offers extensive athletics and after school programming
- Provides art, health, physical education, theater, and music
- Hosts Career Day, International Day, and a Bronx College Fair
Individualized Program for Scholars
- Create personalized instruction in classes; the majority of our classes are co-taught (2 teachers per room)
- Allows scholars to learn together in one room regardless of their level
In addition to our main program feature, Equality focuses on Career Planning, as we incorporate multiple pathways to carry young people from middle school to adulthood.
Every scholar will find viable ways of pursuing a meaningful post-secondary degree and career by the time they leave Equality. Equality’s Career Programming will integrate efforts of teachers, counselors, scholars, parents, and industry partners in order to achieve the best outcome for our scholars.
State of the Art Career Center Model that will be made available to our scholars, parents, and the local community at Equality Charter High School.
There are a lot of competing demands when it comes to running a successful school. Equality values instruction in Physical Education as important to providing a well-rounded education for our scholars. In addition, Equality’s after school athletic program is relatively large compared to the size of the school. We currently have 9 teams at the middle school level and will have 14 (at full expansion) at the high school. This includes, but is not limited to: soccer, flag football, basketball, volleyball, and track.
6th-8th Basketball Boys
6th- 8th Basketball Girls
6th Coed Basketball
Soccer Girls (Club)