To serve any scholar, including those who are under-performing or are from families in need of more resources. Program features of our middle and high schools include:
Responsive & Positive Interventions & Supports
- Offers a positive school environment
- Values academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs
- Uses proactive strategies for teaching appropriate behaviors
- Uses project-based learning to engage scholars
- Employs data-based decision making
- Focuses on career exploration and preparation for life after Equality
- Offers extensive athletics and after school programming
- Provides art, health, physical education, theater, and music
- Hosts Career Day, International Day, and a Bronx College Fair
Individualized Program for Scholars
- Creates personalized instruction in classes; the majority of our classes are co-taught (2 teachers per room) with a general education and a special education teacher
- Allows scholars to learn together in one room regardless of their level
Focuses on College and Career Exploration, incorporating multiple pathways to carry young people from middle school to adulthood.
Provides a variety of ways of pursuing a meaningful post-secondary degree and/or career.
Includes a paid in-school tutoring program where Equality scholars tutor each other, an internship program, college-credit bearing program, SAT preparation classes, and a work experience program.
Provides a Life and Literacy class in the MS and Career and Literacy class in the HS, allowing our scholars opportunities to explore their interests and plan for their futures.
We are currently looking to expand our partnerships for our Career Planning. If you have any ideas, questions, or comments, please feel free to email Executive Director Caitlin Franco at email@example.com.
State of the Art Career Center Model that will be made available to our scholars, parents, and the local community at Equality Charter High School.