Responsive & Positive Interventions & Supports
- Offers a positive school environment
- Values academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs
- Uses proactive strategies for teaching appropriate behaviors
- Uses project-based learning to engage scholars
- Employs data-based decision making
- Focuses on career exploration and preparation for life after Equality
- Offers extensive athletics and after school programming
- Provides art, health, physical education, theater, and music
- Hosts Career Day, International Day, and a Bronx College Fair
Individualized Program for Scholars
- Create personalized instruction in classes; the majority of our classes are co-taught (2 teachers per room) with a general education and a special education teacher
- Allows scholars to learn together in one room regardless of their level
In addition to our main program features, Equality focuses on College and Career Exploration, as we incorporate multiple pathways to carry young people from middle school to adulthood.
Every scholar will find viable ways of pursuing a meaningful post-secondary degree and/or career by the time they leave Equality. Our College and Career Exploration integrates efforts of teachers, counselors, scholars, parents, and industry partners in order to achieve the best outcome for our scholars.
This program will include these components at full expansion: an in-school tutoring program where scholars are paid employees of Equality to tutor each other, an internship program, college-credit bearing program, and a work experience program. We are excited to meet all scholars’ needs.
Some of this work occurs during our Life and Literacy class in the MS and Career and Literacy class in the HS. These courses allow our scholars the opportunities to explore their interests and plan for their futures.
We are currently looking to expand our partnerships for our Career Planning. If you have any ideas, questions, or comments, please feel free to email Executive Director Caitlin Franco at email@example.com.