Impacting children through the Adults in their lives
(Parents, Teachers, Neighbors, Brothers, Sisters…)
Program Updates (check often)
Alert | Caribbean / Soca FitnessWukkout!® is an hour long Caribbean based dance fitness class designed by Krista Martins, to make you have fun and sweat just like you would if you were at Carnival!
Classes begin on 4/25!
New Program: Defensive Driving– Registration is open. Use our registration link, found towards the bottom of the page.
High School Diploma Program– Spring course is closed.
– Registration is open for future courses. TBD: Fall 2017 or Early Winter 2018
For more info call 718-459-9597 ext. 1112 or email AdultEdu@equalitycharterschool.org
- “I learned more about how to go about saving for plenty of things like retirement, college, etc.”
– Yvette, Community Member
Money Management, 2017
- “The program is beneficial for ALL of us. I appreciate the healthy snacks that’s provided for everyone…”
– Barbara, Community Member
Zumba & Healthy Cooking, 2017
- “…Adult Education Program provides families with excellent opportunities that will empower us …”
– Angella, Equality Parent
Teen Safety Program, 2016
- “I was able to learn how to stay calm and how to help my grand-daughter better handle her anger issues”
– Shay, Parent Participant
Common Sense Parenting, 2015
- “The instructor was engaging…he provided us with stamina for analyzing challenging texts.”
– Teacher at Boys Prep
ALST Prep Course, 2017
- “The instructor broke down what to look for in choosing the correct answer…Things I did not even think of were made apparent.”
– Noa, Equality School Teacher
ALST Prep Course, 2017
See Our Programs!
(click through each tab)
Family Education – Support for Parents!
Provided by Boystown
Classes Available: Fall 2016 & Spring 2017
Provided by the Bronx District Attorney’s Office
Classes Available: December 2016 & Spring 2017
Provided by Mount Sinai Hospital
Classes Available: May 2017
Wellness Education – Make healthier lifestyle choices!
- Zumba (Fitness & Facts)
- Caribbean Workout (Fitness & Facts)
- Insanity Live (Fitness & Facts)
- * Register Today! *
Provided by The YMCA and Common Threads Cooking
Classes Available: September, November, December, and Spring 2017.
Provided by a certified Wukkout instructor
Classes Available: April 2017.
Provided by a certified Insanity instructor
Classes Available: January 2017.
Career Education – Sharpen your career skills!
Orientation information: click here
- Classroom Management
- Resume building
- Interview skills
- Public Speaking