Is Equality Right for Us?
We know you want the best for your child. The best means that Equality staff understands child development, is invigorated by the challenge of educating middle and high school scholars, and knows what it takes to propel your child to graduation and beyond. We offer your child and family:
- Reasonable school hours: scholars will attend from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and will be offered afterschool programs in the arts, sports, and academics.
- Courses for both advanced and struggling scholars in order to prepare all for high school.
- Numerous ways to be involved in your child's education and the school environment. Parents are invited to parent-teacher conferences, Writing Celebrations, Math Madness Tournaments, Black History Month Celebration, Pep Rally, Art Show, Home and Careers Showcase, Talent Show, PE/Health Showcase, and numerous PTA meetings throughout the year.
- Goal and action planning through the Life Action Plans that will be supported through Home and Careers.
- A safe school with explicit behavioral expectations.
- Strong administrators, teachers, guidance counselors, and social workers.
- A Parent Teacher Scholar Organization that is active and works.
Equality is family. Join us.
Is Equality Right for Me?
The Equality Charter School was founded to expand your educational options in the Bronx and to unleash your limitless possibility. We designed Equality with the teen in mind, from the hours you will attend classes to the supports you will be offered:
- You need more sleep. Your regular school day will be from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, with afterschool programs in the arts, sports, and academics available into the early evening.
- You need to be prepared for a rigorous college-prep high school. Therefore, our middle school will challenge your academic gifts and remediate your academic weaknesses.
- You want to graduate from high school prepared for both success in college and in the world of work. In this century, the skills needed for one are the skills needed for the other, so we promise to teach you an Advanced Regents curriculum that not only readies you to excel on your Regents, PSAT, SAT, Advanced Placement, and SAT subject exams, but to think.
- You want to showcase your work and achievements. You get to do this during Writing Celebrations, Math Madness Tournaments, Black History Month Celebration, Pep Rally, Art Show, and others.
- You have a right to a safe school. We know that demerits, detentions, and suspensions don't work in the long run, so we teach you how to meet our Positive Behavior Intervention Supports. We concentrate on catching you doing the right thing and rewarding you when you do.
- You need to be taught how to plan in order to reach your goals. Beginning in your first year and through your last, you will be taught how to identify your goals and plan your action steps to reach them.
- You deserve to be known. Equality is a small school, and our strong administrators, teachers, counselors, social workers, and other staff members will stay with you through both the easy and the hard times.
Equality is your choice for a positive, challenging, and nurturing school. Join us.