Who We Are
Equality Charter School was opened in 2009 by Founder Caitlin Franco. Equality has provided essential academic, social, and emotional supports to middle school scholars in the Bronx; and in September 2014, we expanded our impact by opening a high school. We are currently working on plans for the next phase of Equality: our College and Career Exploration program, an expansion to elementary school, and Adult Programming classes to include an Equality Community Center. The future includes endless possibilities of what Equality can provide to the Co-Op City and Castle Hill communities in the Bronx.
- Academic outcomes focusing on individual growth and movement towards proficiency on standardized tests
- Social-emotional outcomes that lead to increased confidence and positive self-image
- Professional outcomes where scholars understand the link between the academic environment and world of work
Equality serves any scholar, including those who are under-performing or are from families in need of more resources.
- Responsive and Positive
- Interventions and Supports
- Holistic Programming
- Individualized Program for scholars